Some highlights:
My friend Liz I met in India and volunteered with came to Alaska to see me for ten days at the end of September. We went hiking, took a helicopter ride, got some sea food, went to Haines, saw whales and she hosted a jewelry party for the organizations she is involved with that help trafficked women make things they are proud of to sell. I will be hosting another party in April in Juneau.
Check out the website HERE.
Learn more by watching this video on the organization by clicking HERE.
On December 31st my beautiful sister Ann got married in Juneau at the Shrine of Saint Therese. The wedding was on a snowy, calm day and I now have a wonderful brother in law.
I am a volunteer at my church for Lifeteen (high school youth group). I taught a lesson a few weeks back and go every week to hang out with kids and get to know them. I will be going to Brazil June 2013 for World Youth Day as a chaperone which will be in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Am I excited? Yes. It will be right after I finish my masters degree so I will be READY.
My sister Christine is now in South Africa doing a college exchange and having the experience of her life. You can check out her blog HERE.
I just got back from seeing Liz in Chicago for 5 days. Ate a ton, got to see Ann and Andrew and their friend Matt, went to a jammin' concert by Dr. Dog, saw mummies and so much more. Below are some pictures from there.
Lent has started and I have given up Facebook for those 40 days, fasting once a week and reading The Wounded Healer: Ministry in Contemporary Society by Henri Nouwen. I'm excited to grow even closer to God this season.
I'm loving my life and Juneau and am so happy to be here. I was thinking the other day I am probably the happiest I have felt in a long time. I feel content and at home. Thanks for reading! Hope everything is going well in your lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment